• English
  • 简体中文
  • 繁體中文
  • Tiếng Việt
  • ไทย
  • Indonesia
Subscribe
Real-time News
According to Greek fire department officials, a helicopter crash off the Greek island of Sivnos has killed three people.Ukrainian President Zelensky: We are working with relevant working groups to promote new prisoner exchanges and hope to see results soon.According to Israels i24News, an official from the Peace Committee stated that Israel and the Peace Committee have reached an agreement that the Israeli military will remain in Gaza until Hamas disarms and reserves the right to strike any attempt at rearmament.On August 18, according to multiple Israeli media reports on the 17th, Jared Kushner, son-in-law of US President Donald Trump, and members of the Gaza Peace Committee met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem that day in an effort to further advance the so-called "Gaza Peace Plan." A statement released by the Prime Ministers Office after the meeting said that Netanyahu and the Peace Committee agreed to establish two working groups: one responsible for the disarmament and demilitarization of Hamas, which both sides agreed must be completed as soon as possible before the reconstruction of Gaza begins; the other will focus on issues such as sanitation and clean water in the Gaza Strip.August 18th - According to the Wall Street Journal, US President Trump stated that Israel should not attack targets in the Gaza Strip. Meanwhile, his special envoy Jared Kushner met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday in an attempt to salvage plans aimed at disarming Hamas and ending the Gaza war. This rare public disagreement between the leaders of the two close allies is noteworthy. Netanyahu last week rejected Trumps proposal for a phased disarmament of Hamas. After a brief pause, Israel resumed almost daily attacks on Palestinian militants. In a Fox News interview on Monday, Trump stated that Israel should not launch these attacks because Hamas has agreed to lay down its arms.

Ukraine Will Block A Crucial Russian Gas Transit to Europe, Blaming Russia

Charlie Brooks

May 11, 2022 09:46

G2.png


Ukraine said on Tuesday that it will cease the flow of gas via a transit point that, according to Kiev, sends over one-third of the fuel piped from Russia to Europe through Ukraine. Kiev blamed Moscow for the action and said it would redirect the flows elsewhere.


Even after Moscow's invasion, Ukraine has remained a significant transit route for Russian gas to Europe.


The operator of Ukraine's gas infrastructure, GTSOU, has declared "force majeure" and will cease shipments through the Sokhranivka route as of Wednesday. "Force majeure" is a provision triggered when a firm is affected by circumstances beyond its control.


However, Gazprom (MCX:GAZP), which has a monopoly on Russian gas pipeline exports, said that it was "technologically impossible" to move all volumes to the Sudzha connecting point farther to the west, as GTSOU requested.


GTSOU CEO Sergiy Makogon told Reuters that Russian occupation troops have begun transporting gas flowing through Ukraine to two rebel territories supported by Russia in the country's east. He failed to provide proof.


The company stated that it was unable to operate at the Novopskov gas compressor station due to "the interference of the occupying forces in technical processes," adding that it could temporarily redirect the affected flow to the Sudzha physical interconnection point, which is located on Ukrainian territory.


Ukraine's suspension of Russian natural gas shipments via the Sokhranivka route should have no effect on the local Ukrainian market, according to Yuriy Vitrenko, the president of the state-owned energy business Naftogaz.


The national gas company of Moldova, a tiny country on Ukraine's western border, said that neither GTSOU nor Gazprom had notified them of a supply interruption.


Russian army and separatist militants have controlled the Novopskov compressor station in the Luhansk area of eastern Ukraine since shortly after Moscow launched a "special military operation" in February.


GTSOU said that it is the first compressor in the Ukraine gas transit system in the Luhansk area, the transit route for about 32,6 million cubic metres of gas per day, or a third of the Russian gas transported to Europe through Ukraine.


To fulfill its "transit responsibilities to European partners in full," GTSOU said that it will "temporarily move unavailable capacity" to the Sudzha interconnection point.


Gazprom said it had received information from Ukraine that the nation will cease gas transit to Europe through the Sokhranivka interconnector at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday local time.


The Russian corporation said that it observed no evidence of force majeure or impediments to business as usual. Gazprom emphasized that it was fulfilling its commitments to European gas purchasers.


As punishment for the invasion of Ukraine, the United States has pushed other nations to reduce their reliance on Russian energy and has prohibited Russian oil and other energy imports.


Ned Price, a spokeswoman for the U.S. State Department, said that Tuesday's declaration does not alter the "as soon as feasible" schedule for reducing global dependency on Russian oil.