• English
  • 简体中文
  • 繁體中文
  • Tiếng Việt
  • ไทย
  • Indonesia
Subscribe
Real-time News
On May 24th, a White House official in charge of the 2026 FIFA World Cup said on the 22nd that, due to the Ebola outbreak, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) national team must undergo a 21-day quarantine outside the United States before entering the country to participate in the tournament. The DRC team responded that day, stating that they would not change their existing World Cup warm-up match plans.The European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre reports a 5.2-magnitude earthquake in central Türkiye.Polish military: Polish military aviation is conducting operations in its own airspace in response to Russian long-range aviation strikes against Ukraine.According to Irans Fars News Agency: Despite US President Trumps claim that the Strait of Hormuz will be restored to its original state, the strait will remain under Iranian control.On May 24th, Al Jazeera, citing sources, reported that the draft agreement to be finalized includes the following: ending the war on all fronts, including Lebanon; unfreezing billions of dollars of frozen Iranian funds; lifting the US naval blockade and opening the Strait of Hormuz; and the withdrawal of US troops from areas near Iran. Following this, the two sides will have 30 days to reach an agreement on the nuclear issue, a period that can be extended by mutual agreement. During these 30 days, passage through the strait will be facilitated. Iran stated that the management of the Strait of Hormuz is a matter between Iran and Oman, and that it is currently consulting with Oman.

New FTX chief says bankrupt crypto exchange could restart

Skylar Shaw

Jan 20, 2023 11:43

According to Chief Executive Officer John Ray, the bankrupt cryptocurrency exchange FTX is considering ways to resurrect its operations. He made the announcement to the Wall Street Journal on Thursday.


According to Ray, who took over the company's leadership in November, a task group has been established to look at reviving FTX.com, the organization's primary international exchange.


The CEO also said in an interview with the Journal that he would research if resurrecting FTX's international exchange would generate more value for the company's clients than his team could get by simply selling the platform or liquidating its assets.


Following the news, FTT, the native token of FTX, increased by around 30%.


I'm relieved Mr. Ray is now only pledging to restart the exchange after months of blocking such attempts! Sam Bankman-Fried, the founder and former CEO of FTX, said in a tweet.


Bankman-Fried said, "I'm still waiting for him to eventually acknowledge FTX US is solvent and return clients' money.


An inquiry for comment from Reuters was not immediately answered by an attorney representing FTX.


Bankman-Fried is accused of robbing the exchange's users of billions of dollars to settle debts accrued by his cryptocurrency-focused hedge fund, Alameda Research. He's denied the allegations of fraud.


Customer money' future, however, is still unknown. In a note to creditors earlier this week, FTX said that since declaring bankruptcy in November, hackers had stolen nearly $415 million in cryptocurrency from its worldwide and American exchanges.