• English
  • 简体中文
  • 繁體中文
  • Tiếng Việt
  • ไทย
  • Indonesia
Subscribe
Real-time News
February 21 – According to a Nikkei report, a senior Japanese government official stated that the US Supreme Courts ruling that Trumps retaliatory tariffs were invalid will not affect Japans first round of investment projects in the United States. The official stated that these projects, funded by Japans $550 billion investment commitment (in exchange for tariff reductions), are necessary for Japans economic growth and economic security, and also expressed a positive outlook on future investments beyond the second round and subsequent projects.February 21st - According to data from online platforms, the total box office revenue (including pre-sales) for films released during the 2026 Spring Festival has exceeded 4 billion yuan. "Pegasus 3," "Silent Assassination," and "Boonie Bears: The Big Adventure" ranked in the top three.On February 21, South Korea stated that the US Supreme Courts rejection of President Trumps emergency powers to impose tariffs would not undermine the broader trade agreement reached with the United States. The South Korean Minister of Trade, Industry and Energy convened an emergency meeting on Saturday to assess the ruling. In a statement, the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy said the ruling invalidates the current 15% reciprocal tariffs applicable to South Korean goods. While the ruling increases uncertainty for exports to the US, the overall framework of export conditions guaranteed under the Korea-US tariff agreement will remain unchanged. The ministry pledged to take comprehensive measures to protect national interests and South Korean businesses. The ministry stated that industry-specific tariffs imposed on automobiles and steel under other laws remain in effect and are unaffected by the court ruling.On February 21, JPMorgan Chase filed a request with the court to move its lawsuit against President Trump over the closure of his accounts from Miami to a federal court in New York. The company stated in its filing that Trump and several of the companies involved in the lawsuit gave written consent at the time the accounts were opened that any disputes would be litigated in New York, where the bank is headquartered. JPMorgan Chase also stated that moving the case is in the public interest due to the overwhelming connection between the dispute and New York. According to the banks filing, the accounts in question were opened in New York, the bankers managing these accounts are based in New York, and the alleged activities that triggered Trumps lawsuit also took place in New York. Trump sued the bank and its CEO Jamie Dimon in January of this year, seeking at least $5 billion in damages, accusing the bank of "debanking" him and his companies after his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.February 21st - According to forecasts, the Qiongzhou Strait will see a peak in return travel from today until the seventh day of the Lunar New Year (February 20th-23rd). For water transport, maximum capacity will be utilized, with increased ship frequency and timely release of additional vehicle and passenger tickets in different time slots. Railway ferry tickets and tickets for off-peak periods are relatively plentiful. Civil aviation is also actively working to increase capacity to ensure smooth travel to and from the islands. Meanwhile, to minimize queues and waiting times, passengers are advised to adjust their travel plans accordingly and travel during off-peak hours.

As Vacation Demand Rises, Airbnb Is Bullish About Earnings

Aria Thomas

Feb 15, 2023 11:17

微信截图_20230215110734.png


Airbnb Inc on Tuesday anticipated current-quarter revenue above market expectations due to solid travel demand and said it will keep a tight control on expenses to safeguard profits, causing its shares to rise 10% in extended sessions.


The rental company intends to retain last year's margin of 35%, the best since it went public in 2020, despite worries of a recession that have prompted consumer spending concerns.


It was claimed that domestic and short-distance travel remained robust, increasing occupancy rates at major metropolitan sites, and that long-distance and cross-border travel improved during the quarter in question, aided by a stronger dollar and the reopening of borders.


This year, European tourists are planning their summer travels earlier than usual, according to Airbnb.


According to Refinitiv data, the business projected first-quarter sales between $1.75 billion and $1.82 billion, above analysts' average estimate of $1.69 billion.


In addition, it predicted that its average rental prices would decline slightly in the current quarter and continue under pressure through 2023, as tourists return to more affordable urban rentals.


The holiday quarter ending in December saw a 24% increase in revenue to $1.90 billion, which was lower than the previous two quarters but exceeded analysts' average expectation of $1.86 billion.


In the meanwhile, average daily rates decreased by 1% to $153 and bookings increased by 20% to $13.5 billion, falling short of the average analyst forecast of $1.69 billion.


According to Refinitiv statistics, Airbnb recorded a quarterly net profit of $319 million, or 48 cents per share, above projections of 25 cents per share.