• English
  • 简体中文
  • 繁體中文
  • Tiếng Việt
  • ไทย
  • Indonesia
Subscribe
Real-time News
February 22nd - According to foreign media analysis, Nvidia has played a key role in driving the stock market to record highs for years. However, with growing skepticism about artificial intelligence, Wall Street is increasingly worried that the chip giants earnings report next week, regardless of the outcome, will depress its stock price. Nvidias stock price has been trading sideways for months, a significant setback for a company that was recently a leading index performer and achieved triple-digit year-over-year gains. Investors expect Nvidias earnings next week to exceed Wall Street expectations and raise forecasts for the next few quarters. But this may not be enough to boost the stock price. Meanwhile, if Nvidias performance fails to quell investor anxiety about artificial intelligence, it could lead to greater volatility in AI-related stocks and the broader market.February 22 - Libyas state-owned Arabian Gulf Oil Company (AGOCO) announced on Sunday that the Sinawan oil field in the Nalut region of western Libya has resumed production. The field had been shut down for over three years due to financial and technical problems. Under normal operating conditions, the field can produce up to 20,000 barrels of oil per day.February 22 – According to AXIOS, a senior U.S. official said on Sunday that if U.S. negotiators receive a detailed nuclear agreement proposal from Iran within the next 48 hours, they are prepared to hold a new round of talks with Iran in Geneva on Friday. The U.S. official stated that the current diplomatic efforts may be the last chance President Trump is giving Iran before launching a large-scale U.S.-Israel joint military operation (potentially targeting Iranian Supreme Leader Khamenei). The senior U.S. official indicated that the Trump administration is awaiting Irans proposal.U.S. Trade Representative Greer: We will continue the trade investigation so that we can impose tariffs.U.S. Trade Representative Greer: We will explore policy continuity issues after the tariffs imposed under Section 122 expire.

Microsoft Will Offer Call of Duty for Nintendo And Sony

Charlie Brooks

Dec 08, 2022 11:46

4.png


Wednesday, Phil Spencer, CEO of Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) Gaming, stated through Twitter that the business has committed to providing "Call of Duty" to Nintendo platforms for the next decade.


The popular first-person shooter franchise from Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI) has been launched for several of Nintendo's previous platforms, but not for Switch, the Kyoto-based business stated.


The news comes after authorities voiced worry that Microsoft's proposed $69 billion acquisition of the "Call of Duty" creator may inhibit competition, with competitor Sony (NYSE:SONY) Group Corp condemning the agreement and urging regulators to block it.


Microsoft President Brad Smith tweeted: "Our purchase will make Call of Duty accessible to a record number of gamers and platforms... We'd be willing to negotiate a 10-year contract for PlayStation with @Sony whenever they're ready to sit down."


This year, Sony's games director Jim Ryan deemed insufficient Microsoft's promise to maintain the "Call of Duty" franchise on PlayStation for three years beyond the expiration of the present arrangement.


"I believe this is an effort by Microsoft to pressure Sony into signing a deal with Activision and to make it easier for Microsoft to complete and close the deal with Activision," said Serkan Toto, founder of the Kantan Games consulting firm.


It is essentially positive PR for Microsoft.


Sony executives were unavailable for comment immediately.


Microsoft competes with Sony and Nintendo in the worldwide video game business, which has experienced significant growth in recent years as a result of people spending more time at home due to the coronavirus outbreak.


Following the Microsoft announcement, Nintendo shares finished 0.3% higher, outperforming the Nikkei average fall of 0.7% and Sony's decline of 1.2%.