• English
  • 简体中文
  • 繁體中文
  • Tiếng Việt
  • ไทย
  • Indonesia
Subscribe
Real-time News
According to Israels i24 channel: The United Arab Emirates has erected a large metal protective fence around fuel storage tanks in Abu Dhabi to protect critical energy facilities from potential Iranian drone attacks.Russian President Vladimir Putin: The global market will not face food shortages due to the issue of Ukrainian exports.According to TASS, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that Ukraines crackdown on economic targets has opened "Pandoras box".On August 22, French President Emmanuel Macron announced that he had spoken with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy by phone and that France would further strengthen its military support for Ukraine, including providing interceptor missiles. Macron stated that France would also continue its cooperation with Ukraine in the field of air defense and missile defense. He did not disclose the specific type, quantity, or delivery time of the interceptor missiles to be provided. Zelenskyy said the two leaders spoke for nearly two hours, and Macron agreed to assist Ukraine in contacting partner countries possessing missiles compatible with the Patriot air defense system and to coordinate the provision of air defense supplies to Ukraine.On August 22, Israeli Defense Minister Katz issued a statement regarding the Israeli airstrike on the Abdul-Hur airbase in Syria. He stated that according to intelligence intercepted by the Israeli military, Turkey was attempting to conduct activities at the base that endangered Israels national security, and the Israeli military had repeatedly recommended to higher authorities that the base be targeted. After consultations with Israeli military and other security officials, Katz and Prime Minister Netanyahu decided to first take deterrent measures. They issued direct warnings to senior Syrian officials and shared relevant intelligence with US officials. Since Syria ultimately failed to heed the warnings, Katz and Netanyahu formally authorized the airstrike. Turkey has not yet responded.

Crypto lender Voyager Digital gets approval to return $270 million to customers

Alice Wang

Aug 05, 2022 15:16

微信截图_20220805145311.png


Voyager Digital Holdings Inc., a cryptocurrency company, has been granted permission by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York to restore $270 million in client funds, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.


Voyager Digital Holdings Inc., a cryptocurrency company, has been granted permission by the US Bankruptcy Court in New York to restore $270 million in client funds, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.


According to the Journal, Judge Michael Wiles, who is in charge of Voyager's bankruptcy, said the firm had "sufficient grounds" to back up its claim that clients should be given access to the custodial account kept at Metropolitan Commercial Bank.


The business did not immediately respond to requests for comment.


Voyager, one of several businesses that struggled after the widespread turbulence on the cryptocurrency market, filed for Chapter 11 last month.


Voyager reported that it had between $1 billion and $10 billion in assets and liabilities, as well as over 100,000 creditors, in its bankruptcy case.


The Federal Reserve and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp (FDIC) issued an injunction to the firm last week directing it to stop making "false and misleading" promises about the government's protection of its clients' cash.


The firm only had a bank account at Metropolitan Commercial Bank, according to the authorities, and none of the investors using its platform were covered by the FDIC.


During the COVID-19 epidemic, cryptocurrency lenders like Voyager saw a surge in business, luring depositors with high interest rates and convenient access to loans that conventional banks seldom ever gave. Lenders have suffered from the recent decline in cryptocurrency markets, which was brought on by the failure of two significant tokens in May.